- Maximum 2 pages: Neat and easy to read. Most people take less than a minute to read a CV and make a decision if they would like to talk to you.
- Use positive language: The only purpose of your CV is to get you a job interview, so make sure your first impression is a positive one.
- Tailor your CV to the job: The first half of your CV should tick all the boxes of the employer’s wish list.
- Transferrable Skills: Write what you can bring to the job in skills, experience and enthusiasm. You don’t need to tell the employer the story of your life.
- Correct grammar and spelling: Let someone else check for spelling errors and grammar mistakes.
- Contact details: is your email address professional enough? Is your phone number correct?